Dr. Thomas Blevins attended the University of Texas at Austin as an undergraduate, majoring in Plan II. He attended medical school at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and completed his internal medicine and endocrinology training there as well.
He has been in Austin since 1986 and was with the Austin Diagnostic Clinic until 2001 when he founded Texas Diabetes and Endocrinology, a practice devoted to bringing the latest in diabetes advances, thyroid care and osteoporosis diagnostics and treatment to Austin and Central Texas.
He enjoys spending time with his family and exploring the Hill Country with wife, Donna, in his spare time. He has a particular interest in endocrinology related education and research.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Boarded in Endocrinology, and Metabolism
- Boarded in Lipidology
- Fellow of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology (FACE)
- Past President (2011-2012) of the Texas chapter of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology
- Fellow of the National Lipid Association (FNLA)
- Endocrine Certified in Neck Ultrasound (ECNU)-thyroid ultrasound certification
- Member of the American Diabetes Association
- Member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology
- Member of the Texas Medical Association
- Member of the Travis County Medical Society
- Recipient of the A.D.A.’s Provider Recognition Award
- Member of the International Society of Clinical Densitometry
- Certified by ISCD in Clinical Densitometry (CCD) (Osteoporosis Testing)
- Active in clinical research concerning diabetes, obesity and thyroid disease.
- National Level Speaker and Educator for a number of topics in the areas of diabetes, osteoporosis, lipid management, and thyroid disease.