For your in person appointment, please be aware of the additional requirements and measures we are taking to ensure the safety of our patients and staff:
- Face Masks Required — All patients, visitors, and clinic staff must wear a mask over their nose and mouth upon arrival to our office. Our facilies have a limited supply of masks to provide patients, please come prepared and bring a mask from home. Cloth masks are OK.
- Visitors Limited— To limit the overall traffic in the pratice, we are liming patients to one (1) essential visitor/companion, and asking patients to not bring any visitors, unless absolutely necessary. Visitors who are sick, have a fever, or a confirmed case of COVID-19 should not accompany a patient and will be required to wait outside the clinic.
- Mandatory Screenings — We are screening all patients and visitors for symptoms of cough, shortness of breath, or fever prior to entering the waiting area. Individuals with a fever of 100.4 or higher and/or do not pass the screening will not be permited to enter the clinic. You may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Infection Prevention — We thoroughly clean and sanitize all patient waiting rooms, exam rooms, and other care areas according to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In-office infection control measures are readily available for our patients and visitors, such as alcohol-based hand sanitizers, tissues, hand soap, and waste receptacles. Also we have taken extra steps by removing shared items like magazines.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) — PPE is in use at levels recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Social Distancing — All clinic staff, patients, and visitors will adhere to social distancing guidelines. You may notice increased spacing in common waiting areas.
In order to best prepare for your phone or video consultation, please complete the following:
- If you haven’t already, please register for the MyTDE patient portal. In order to register, email email@example.com with your name & phone #. Please include in your message that you are needing access to the portal.
- Complete Pre-registration/Check-in online. Be on the lookout for an appointment reminder 6 days prior to your appointment with pre-registration instructions. Note: Copays will be due at the time of pre-registration and/or the patient will be expected to call billings at 512-458-8400, option 6, to resolve their balance within 30 days. If you have not received this link either through email or text – please contact our scheduling department at 512-458-8400, option 2 so they can resend.
- Have your updated medications list readily available.
- If you are needing any medications refills, please be prepared to notify your provider.
- Any medical history updates? (surgeries/procedures, hospitalizations, etc.) Please be prepared to notify your provider.
- Please be prepared to minimize any background noise during your phone/telemedicine visit.
Please note: Insurance coverage for telemedicine is impacted by federal and state laws as well as insurance company policies. You should check with your insurer regarding how telemedicine is covered under your particular policy. The following insurances below will discontinue covering telemedicine services with our practice on the dates listed:
- Cigna after 5/31/20
- Aetna after 6/4/20
- Blue Cross Blue Shield after 6/31/20
- Humana through the end of the Public Health Emergency
- Medicare through the end of the Public Health Emergency
★For patients with CGMS or Insulin Pumps – If we do not already have your password or access to your data, please send us the download via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through your MyTDE patient portal in advance of the appointment
If your appointment has been converted to a TELEMED (Video) visit: PLEASE take the time to “Test Your Device Compatibility” in advance by following this link: https://info.updox.com/video-chat-technical-specs. On the day of your appointment, an invitation to Video Chat will arrive on your device via text message or email. Click the link to be taken to the Secure Video Chat environment. You will have 10 minutes to click the link. The first time you use Video Chat, your device may ask for permission to use your camera and microphone. Please allow access. You will be taken directly into a video chat session with your provider. The microphone and camera buttons will pause the audio and video you are sending. The red “phone” button will disconnect the chat. Please note: Patients with android or desktop computers must copy the link into the Google Chrome Browser, otherwise it will open their default browser and not redirect them.
If your appointment has been converted to PHONE visit: Your Provider will contact you directly on the # we have on file at the time of your scheduled appointment. Please expect some delays.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can Updox Video Chat work within any internet browser?
A: Updox Video Chat is optimized to work best with Google Chrome. Other web browsers may be less reliable.
Q: Does it matter what sort of phone the recipient uses?
A: No, both Phone Visits & Updox Video Chat work well with both iPhones and Android phones.
Q: Can the recipient use a computer with a webcam for Video Chat?
A: Yes, please specify to scheduler that you are wanting the link sent to your email. By default, we are sending the link to your mobile phone # on file. The recipient would click the link in their email, and proceed as normal.
Q: Are there time limits to Video Chats?
A: There are no time limits to Video Chats. You will not be cut off from communication due to an arbitrary time limit.
Q: Are there additional fees involved with Phone Visits or Telemedicine Visits?
A: Your insurance will be billed normally as a routine visit. Copays can be paid during your online pre-registration. Note: Balances must be resolved within 30 days- please contact our billing department at 512-458-8400, option 6 if you have any questions.
Q: How will I be scheduled for my future visits?
A: Someone from our scheduling department will contact you the following business day to schedule any future visit you Provider is requesting.